Thursday, October 03, 2013

October Afternoon Sketch & Milk Money

Sharing my October Afternoon Thursday Sketch post from September 27th with y'all today. 
When I'm assigned a sketch post I usually search through ads to find my inspiration.This time my inspiration was found on Pinterest with this really cool ad seen HERE
Oasketch9:26
As you can see the sketch is made so you can put your pictures anywhere you'd like. You could use the large half circle like I did or maybe you want to have lots of photos on your layout it's totally up to you. Have fun with it! 
When I first saw this ad I knew it would be perfect way to use the new Milk Money collection and those back to school photos. 


Line Logo
Products:
Product # PP-1174 
PP-1174 - Spelling
Product # PP-1175 
PP-1175 - Lunch
Product # PP-1176 
PP-1176 - Science
Product # PP-1177 
PP-1177 - Social Studies
Product # PP-1178 
PP-1178 - Reading
Product # PP-1179 
PP-1179 - Math
Product # PP-1180 
PP-1180 - 6x8 Paper Pack
Product # SS-1181 
SS-1181 - Double Take
Product # DC-1184 
DC-1184 - Memory Cards
Product # DC-1182 
DC-1182 - Snap Caps
Product # ST-1187 
ST-1187 - Clear Stamps
Product # DC-1183 
DC-1183 - Flash Blubs
Product # EM-1185 
EM-1185 - Tin Pins
Product # EM-1186 
EM-1186 - Pillow Puffs
Product # EM-1153 


I didn't know I was going to create a 2 pager when I first sat down but as I started moving product and photos around a single 12x12 or 8.5x11 just wouldn't work for me. I'm really happy with this fun 2 pager! 
OA-sketch-926-layout
I had enough room to include all the kids on this layout and a layout like this could easily be duplicated for each child's album if needed. One thing I did notice is unfortunately the only shots of my Mav were blurs of him running to the bus or this shot that you can barely see him giving me the a-OK sign but it all worked out since the squares and rectangles are all different sizes. I also loved that big half circle for an enlarged photo that doubles as a pocket to add some tidbits from school. 
Closeup-OA-sketch-926-layout

Do you like sketches? Where do you find sketch inspiration? You can see the weekly sketch post on the October Afternoon Blog every Thursday it will include 2 different designers takes on the sketch. 
Thanks for stopping by~MK

1 comment:

justem said...

LOVE this!!! :) Sorry I'm so behind on blogs lately! ;)

This One Time... HI

Hello Friends! I hope you're doing well. I've decided once again to give this whole blogging thing a go in hopes that I'll ...