World Autism Awareness Day
- Autism Statistics
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Autism is nearly 5 times more common among boys (1 in 42) than among girls (1 in 189).
- Studies in Asia, Europe, and North America have identified individuals with Autism with an average prevalence of about 1%. A study in South Korea reported a prevalence of 2.6%
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is characterized by:
- Persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction across multiple contexts;
- Restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities;
- Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period (typically recognized in the first two years of life); and
- Symptoms cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of current functioning.
- ASD can range in impact from mild to significantly disabling.
I created this layout for the October Afternoon Blog today.
The layout started with that heart cut YIKES! I then got the layout done on plain paper but it was missing something so I decided to print "His Story" for the background and cover it in vellum. The wonky view is because the vellum is over the chipboard arrows too. I wanted to keep the focus on the heart with all that's going on I hope y'all like the layout. Me I'm second guessing myself.
THanks for stopping by! Have a great day!